Check how much i havnt done.
BLUE – WILL DO
GREEN – DONE
RED – WONT DO
- Go to Alcatraz and definitely take the audio tour.
- Tour Fishersman’s Whart. It is touristy and cheesy, beware.
- See the sea lions at Pier 39 at Fisherman’s Wharf.
- Get some clam chowder at Boudin in Fisherman’s Wharf. Beware, it’s a lot of food.
- Talk with the street performer by Ghirardelli’s. Ask him to sing in any language you want (Turkish, Russian, Mandarin and German works)
- Visit the wineries in Napa Valley. Better if you take a tour instead of driving there yourself.
- Bike the bridge to Sausalito. Be amazed how much it resembles Istanbul.
- Go see a concert in Mountain View Amphitheater. I recommend The Fray.
- Buy some sundae from Ghirardelli. Beware that they are ridicolously sweet; probably want to share it with someone.
- Go see the painted ladies (not what you think) and reminisce about Full House.
- Get some food at In-n-Out. Bonus points for off-menu items.
- Eat breakfast at Pat’s in North Beach. Maybe not as fancy as Mama’s but there’s not a 2 hour waiting line.
- Eat some Italian food at Cafe Zoetrope (owned by Francis Ford Coppola).
- While there, visit some of the bars on Broadway and then eat drunk-food at Golden Boy Pizza.
- Go to Mission and hang out with the hipster crowd. I recommend the hookah bar on Valencia.
- Visit Baker Beach. Beware of the nudists (or join in).
- Go to a bonfire on Ocean Beach on a sunday.
- If you see a Tesla roadster on the road, try to take a photo of it and have the driver smile at you.
- Find friends who work at start-ups based in the city so and have BBQ parties on the rooftop.
- Go to Chinatown and buy some Chinese food that looks scary.
- Find a friend who has sailing license and sail in the bay with your friends. Beware, it’s windy but awesome still.
- Drink some fancy tea at Samovar (by Metreon, ask around)
- Take the cable car. (but be ready for the long waits)
- Go to one of the Nightlife parties at California Academy of Sciences on a Thursday
- Visit MOMA and want to buy every single thing at the gift shop.
- Eat a fried chicken sandwich at Bakesale Betty. There’s a line but it moves really fast. And it is worth it.
- Hang around at Union Square at night. It’s very fancy.
- Go to Dolores Park. That place gets interesting at night.
- Listen to some random people playing music at Union Square.
- Find a street festival (Haight and Ashbury was fun) and go there.
- Walk through Tenderloin at late night. Bonus points for making it home safely.
- Eat some tasty burritos in Mission at Taqueria Cancun.
- Go to a GitHub meetup and drink some Scotch on your favorite repo’s dime
- Sit next to the founder of your blog software on the bus (and don’t realize it).
- Go to Marina district. I haven’t figured out what to do there yet.
So many places i need to check out in San Francisco!
Here is i did/plan to do on top of those
- Go to 17-miles Drive/Big Sur, take photos
- Watch Blue Angels flying on top of your head as part of air show.
- Visit De young Museum, see an exhibition
- Drive down Lambard Street
- Do a parallel parking on uphill/downhill
- Go to japan town, watch a movie in Japanese/Chinese
- Attend one parade on any traditional Chinese festival
- Chill at night waiting for Caltrain/whatever
- Biking trip in Napa
- Pass a tunnel to Lands End, trying to see the Far East
- Climb up the Filbert Steps toward Coit Tower
- Check out 16th Ave tiled mosaic steps
- Hiking at Muir Woods. Take the long, windy roads to get there.
- Crabbing at Berkeley/Pacifica/Golden Gate Bridge/Bay
Last Updated: Apr. 12th, 2011